Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Death Korps of Krieg: Vanquisher



And now for something completely different...

The Vanquisher. I foolishly decided to start up a Death Korps army prior to the new Imperial Guard codex publication. On the positive side, I did make the vast majority of purchases from Forge World when the Pound was at a historically low rate vs. the U.S. Dollar. Anyway, I had several Leman Russ chassis available for use, having purchased several in their Apocalypse release boxes.

This is the only one I built with permanently attached sponsons. I have 2 others which only have empty sockets and are therefore not yet ready for prime-time. All the armor in my Krieg list was primed black, then rust followed by salt weathering, Tamiya German Grey, Tamiya Dark Grey...then the usual highlights. I used MIG Pigments on the treads.

My DKoK army armor uses alternating stripes to indicate unit type. The red and white markings indicate main battle tanks in my army. I also use tan and white for transports. Green and white for artillery. The turret is Forge World and is not permanently affixed to the chassis. I'll be posting more variants in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment